Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Urppa <pe...@insta.fi> on 2013/02/07 13:30:07 UTC

Returning a value to WS-client from blueprint route

I'm trying to create a camel route that mocks a SOAP-webservice in order to
do testing from another application.

I have the WSDL of the service interface and I've generated the classes with
wsdl2java and that worked ok.

My route looks currently like this:

The route is exposed ok works partially so that the "Test invoked!" text is
written to the log when the WS-call is executed, but right after that I get
an exception with something error about request/reply value substitution
etc. I'm assuming that it's because I'm not returning the proper response
from the route.

There is one test method that expects two boolean values as parameters and a
reply structure "TestResponse" with two string values that I need to return
to the caller.

So the question is: How do I return a TestResponse-instance or the two
string values as such? Is it possible to do from the BluePrint configuration
or do I need to code something?

I was thinking that maybe I could create a TestResponse-bean in the
configuration like this:

And then I would return an instance of this to the caller, but not really
sure how? This might be trivial thing but couldn't really find answer by
googling or from Camels webpages.

I do know how to return a reply from Java code, but in this case I'd like to
do it from the Blueprint.

Is this possible? Any examples out there?