Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Shouguo Li <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/10 05:43:31 UTC

hbase client in sandboxed GAE environment

Hi guys

I'm trying to get google bigtable java client to work in GAE, which is a
hbase client. I found an example,
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-bigtable-examples/tree/master/java/managed-vm-gae
but it's only for managed vm in GAE tho.

I'm curious if anyone has experience with the client in sandboxed GAE can
give a few pointers.
Thx!

Re: hbase client in sandboxed GAE environment

Posted by Shouguo Li <th...@gmail.com>.
Oh cool, will try there. Thx!

Posted by Solomon Duskis <sd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Loknath Priyatham Teja Singamsetty <
singams.teja@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just started on open source hbase. Tried to follow docs to start the
> hbase process on hbase-1.1.2 and noticed few warnings related to JDK 8 VM
> options (which was a change incorporated in JDK 8, a change to move towards
> meta space instead of perm gen).
>
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option PermSize=128m;
> > support was removed in 8.0
> > Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
> > MaxPermSize=128m; support was removed in 8.0
>

> *My question is* more general on where can I find the document specially
> the release notes which talks about the features, bug fixes, dependencies
> and the range of versions supported on that dependency.
>
> Lets say, the hbase-1.1.2 supports JDK 8 or higher, then we can clean up
> the above VM options.

Does this help?

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#basic.prerequisites

This question looks like it does not belong on this thread. Start a new
thread when new topic else your question will be missed. Just FYI.

St.Ack

Posted by Loknath Priyatham Teja Singamsetty <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Folks,