Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/21 18:08:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 1.0.0 RC8

Hi,

the eight release candidate of the sandbox project Apache UIMA DUCC v1.0.0
is ready for voting.

Issues fixed in RC8:

1) Fixed NOTICE and License files
2) Fixed location of java api in INSTALL
3) Fixed location of descriptors in README
4) Fixed Copyright year in javadoc pages

DUCC stands for Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing. DUCC is a cluster
management system providing tooling, management, and scheduling facilities
to automate the scale-out of applications written to the UIMA framework.
Core UIMA provides a generalized framework for applications that process
unstructured information such as human language, but does not provide a
scale-out mechanism. UIMA-AS provides a scale-out mechanism to distribute
UIMA pipelines over a cluster of computing resources, but does not provide
job or cluster management of the resources. DUCC defines a formal job model
that closely maps to a standard UIMA pipeline. Around this job model DUCC
provides cluster management services to automate the scale-out of UIMA
pipelines over computing clusters.

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1003/org/apache/uima/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1002/org/apache/uima/>

The source and binary zip/tars are here:
http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-ducc/1.0.0/RC8/<http://people.apache.org/~cwiklik/releases/uima-ducc/1.0.0/RC7/>

The SVN Tag Checkout:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/sandbox/uima-ducc/tags/uima-ducc-1.0.0/

See: http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for instructions how to
test release candidate.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ]  0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-DUCC 1.0.0 RC8

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
I have DUCC RC5 running in 2 places both Linux following (my own)
instructions on the wiki, one from source (Quick Start) and the other from
binary (Install WebServer Demo). See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/UIMA/DUCC.  None of the
post-RC5 changes would affect my success.

Lou.

Posted by Burn Lewis <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.
OK, I will cancel and redo RC with the corrected Copyright date both in
javadocs and the NOTICE file in jars.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.