Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Henrik Vendelbo <hv...@bluprints.com> on 2003/09/20 16:47:44 UTC

SOAPMonitor

BusinessBluprints letterI am trying to get SOAPMonitor to work on my Win2k
machine running the latest Axis release within Tomcat 1.4.3

Having compiled the SOAPMonitorApplet and enabled the handler, I try to
access the /SOAPMonitor page. It starts to load the applet, but fails.

Class not found : SOAPMonitorApplet.class >> open HTTP connection failed

For some reason the port value in the HTML is "0", even though I have set
the init-param in web.xml to 5001 (is that the correct value ?).

Looking at the init() of the SOAPMonitorService servlet, it is obvious that
a port value "0", basicly tells me that something screwed up during
init() and the problem is not further specified or logged anywhere. dammit.

So, do anyone know the likely problems behind this ?

RE: SOAPMonitor

Posted by Sanjesh Pathak <sa...@soapknox.com>.
Henrik,

I had a similar problem and I changed the port number to a different
value and it worked. Looks like port 5001 is being used by some other
program. Change it's value and hope that the port is free and try it.

I don't know how to find out whether a port is free? If anyone knows and
could tell me how to found out, it would be really helpful (for Windows
XP).

Sanjesh