Posted to dev@echarts.apache.org by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/18 06:19:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] How about holding an ECharts offline meetup?

Hi all,

I've been thinking about holding an ECharts offline meetup recently to know
more about our users and encourage more to join our community.

I heard about many open source projects hold monthly or yearly events. I
think we could start with one, and then see if it works.

We can share about technical topics like code structure to help others
understand the source code, and non-technical topics like the Apache Way,
how to contribute, and etc. We could also learn from the community about
what they used ECharts for and what do they need help with.

What do you guys think about this?

Wenli

Re: [DISCUSS] How about holding an ECharts offline meetup?

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for inviting!
I'll definitely check it out and see if it works with my schedule.

Wenli

回复:[DISCUSS] How about holding an ECharts offline meetup?

Posted by Junting Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Great idea!

I suggest we hold our first offline meeting in a small group, like less
than 100 people.

If everything goes well, we can continue to hold a second offline meetup at
the 250-seat room of Shanghai Jiaotong University.

About the topic, I'm thinking of keynotes from the PPMC and speeches from
> call-for-speakers, and lightning talks, whose durations are about 20-30min,
> 15-20min, and 5-10min.
> Here are some ideas of keynote topics:
> 1. Community and the Apache Way
> 2. ECharts products and what you can do with it
> 3. Algorithm and performance insights with ECharts
> 4. Cross-platform solution
> 5. 3D rendering with ECharts GL
> 6. How to make ECharts extensions

Agree !

And I think our topics can vary according to the industry of attendees.
For example, in the second meetup, We can focus on solving some college
students'problems when using ECharts.

Some keynote topics I thought of:
1、Open source status of ECharts
2、Iteration Plans for next version
3、How to design your chart

--
Junting Wang

Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月18日周三 下午8:24写道:

--
Junting Wang

Re: [DISCUSS] How about holding an ECharts offline meetup?

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Willem!

Have we decided about the exact time and place for Saturday?

Wenli

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zu Ming <di...@163.com>.
Great idea!

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Meetup is a good idea.
I am helping DolphinScheduler and ShardingSphere to have a co-host meetup
too.
It is a good way to connect the developers.

Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108

Ovilia <ov...@gmail.com> 于2019年9月18日周三 下午2:19写道: