Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Serkan Taş <se...@hotmail.com> on 2014/03/29 15:16:21 UTC

Committer question

Hi all,

Where can i get info to be committer for Yarn and where to begin ?

Thanx in advance

Re: Committer question

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.
contribute more patches. :-)
2014-3-29 下午10:16于 "Serkan Taş" <se...@hotmail.com>写道:

Re: Committer question

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
write code, write tests, submit patches

-Use hadoop and focus on the small patches that fix things that matter to
you -based on your experience of using it

-Don't try and do ambitious reworks of core bits until you are trusted to
be able to write code that spans big parts of it, code that is testable and
supportable. We're scared of "here is a giant patch" contributions.

-Look at the JIRAs others are filing -watch ones you are interested in and
follow the process for getting it in. Don't be afraid to review and comment
on other people's work.

I'd recommend focusing on using Hadoop first. In YARN's context, that means
writing your own YARN-based applications. That'll help you understand what
is needed there

-steve

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE