Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/02 12:56:06 UTC

Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Hi,

Thanks for the early report, Hama!

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
> + == Top 2 or 3 things to resolve prior to graduation ==
> +
> + * Grow the community size.

Community size was the only remaining issue mentioned also in your
December report. What have you done since then to grow the community,
and are you happy with the results so far?

How do you plan to address this issue going forward? Would extra help
from the Incubator or ComDev be useful?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Oh, thank you very much for your note!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi Team,

I've added one more issue that should must be fixed before discuss
about graduate incubation.

 + * Making a ready-to-use release

it was only a few months ago that Barrier Sync and all examples worked
smoothly[1].

1. http://wiki.apache.org/hama/Benchmarks

Thanks.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi Team,

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Well, I think, Hama is ready to discuss about graduate incubation.
According to pulse.apache.org, the number of Hama user/dev subscribers
is growing and in the top 3 of all incubator projects. Contributions
from new people are also increased.

> December report. What have you done since then to grow the community,
> and are you happy with the results so far?

We prepared releasing of our new stable release and currently being
voted on here. Please vote if you have a time.

> How do you plan to address this issue going forward? Would extra help
> from the Incubator or ComDev be useful?

As we described in Wiki, we'll looking forward to participate in GSOC
and invite new committers.

Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the early report, Hama!
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
>> + == Top 2 or 3 things to resolve prior to graduation ==
>> +
>> + * Grow the community size.
>
> Community size was the only remaining issue mentioned also in your
> December report. What have you done since then to grow the community,
> and are you happy with the results so far?
>
> How do you plan to address this issue going forward? Would extra help
> from the Incubator or ComDev be useful?
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Hama status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "March2012" by thomasjungblut)

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Well, I think, Hama is ready to discuss about graduate incubation.
According to pulse.apache.org, the number of Hama user/dev subscribers
is growing and in the top 3 of all incubator projects. Contributions
from new people are also increased.

> December report. What have you done since then to grow the community,
> and are you happy with the results so far?

We prepared releasing of our new stable release and currently being
voted on here. Please vote if you have a time.

> How do you plan to address this issue going forward? Would extra help
> from the Incubator or ComDev be useful?

As we described in Wiki, we'll looking forward to participate in GSOC
and invite new committers.

Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the early report, Hama!
>
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
>> + == Top 2 or 3 things to resolve prior to graduation ==
>> +
>> + * Grow the community size.
>
> Community size was the only remaining issue mentioned also in your
> December report. What have you done since then to grow the community,
> and are you happy with the results so far?
>
> How do you plan to address this issue going forward? Would extra help
> from the Incubator or ComDev be useful?
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon