Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mougenot Sylvain <sy...@delta-diffusion.fr> on 2002/08/13 09:25:36 UTC

BIS [Q] userconfig.xml where can I find infos or DTD

Think you for this very constructive answer ....
A remark to the answer .....
I don't think so, if it where the case I didn't ask a question about it!!!
But in my opinion there is something to do with this information sources
(the HTML doc)
I mean of course I read that page. But I was not able to find any
information about what I need.
************

CONTEXT:
According to the page, if I want to use a font (without embedding it into
the PDF) I've to:
1- build an xml description of the font. DONE
2- use a config file. DONE
I've appened that
kerning="yes" >
weight="normal"/>
3- render the PDF. FAILURE => the font is not displayed.

[
If I use the embedding attribute it works good but that's not what I need to
do!

			embed-file="file:///config/K3.ttf">
weight="normal"/>
]

So, once again what am I suppose to do??
I've tried out several different name for the font in the config.
(I mean the font file name, the font name according to windows font
directory and the font name according to wordPad)
But it still don't work.

Looking at fop I've found that error:
09:11:01,500 ERROR [Driver] unknown font Marlett like,normal,normal so
defaulted font to any

So in my opinion there is something to do to allows FOP to use a font
without embedding it into the PDF. And that thing is not in the
documentation.

QUESTIONS:
How can I use a font without embedding it into the PDF?
What infos in the userconfig.xml file are supposed to be set for that
purpose?

ps>
THE HTML-DOC PAGE:
If you do not want the font embedded in the PDF then remove the "embed-file"
attribute. The PDF will then contain text using the font with the font
metrics and to view it properly the font will need to be installed where it
is being viewed.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
sascha wrote:
> where do i see which image formats (gif, jpg, eps, tiff...)
> are supported for external grahics?

See
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=102029037731274&w=2
at the end.

J.Pietschmann

external graphics- formats

Posted by sascha <sa...@assbach.de>.
Hi,

where do i see which image formats (gif, jpg, eps, tiff...)
are supported for external grahics?

Sascha

Re: BIS [Q] userconfig.xml where can I find infos or DTD

Posted by Jon Kofal <jo...@yahoo.com>.
I could not make this work with non-embedded, but installed fonts.

I read somewhere that there was a bug and that you should use the
attribute embed-file="" (with value being just a null String "").  I
think this was for the FOP0.20.4 implementation.

The null String in FOP0.20.3 does not work in my installation on
NTServer 2000/JDK1.3.1_01.

The DTD is non-descriptive.

I ended up embedding the fonts.

It would be a task for the developers to allow for something other than
file:// paths in the font-metrics and embed-file values, as well as the
path to the userconfig.xml using the command-line -c option.

Jon K

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com