Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronen Shenkar <ro...@cardonet.com> on 2002/12/26 14:26:43 UTC

Tomcat 3.2 versus 4.1

Hi,
I'm considering upgrading from Tomcat 3.2 to Tomcat 4.1.
I wonder if the performance and other improvements between the two releases
are major and if the upgrade itself is painful.
Is there a document instructing how to do such an upgrade?
Thanks, ronen

RE: Tomcat 3.3.1 and jdk1.4

Posted by Shankar Chelakarai <sc...@audiopoint.net>.
Ok I got it working.. my mistake .. for some reason never had a lib
directory inside java1.4 directory . It had the tools.jar file in it. Now it
works just fine.

Posted by Shankar Chelakarai <sc...@audiopoint.net>.
Hi ,

^

)
[...]

Re: Tomcat 3.2 versus 4.1

Posted by bc...@norvax.com.
Hi Ronen,

We just completed the upgrade ourselves.  For our applications, we are getting
MUCH better performance with Tomcat 4.1.  We had an issue with CPU usage
constantly increasing over time with 3.2.4, which seemed to go away with 4.1.
The upgrade wasn't too bad, we just installed 4.1, copied over all our webapps,
wrote a script to change server.xml, and made some custom configurations to
web.xml, changed workers.properties and httpd.conf for the apache connection.
Everything went well for the most part.  We are actually using the same JK
connector that we used with tomcat 3.2.4.

We did run into several bugs, but everything we need seems to be ironed out
with the 4.1.17 version.

Brandon Cruz