Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Venkat Boggarapu <ve...@axiomio.com> on 2016/03/23 10:35:05 UTC

Windows VM in xenserver was suddenly crashed. want to know reason.

Hi

Our cloud stack environment, we are using cloud stack 4.5.0, xenserver 6.2 and CPBM version 2.3.0

One of the Windows VM crashed suddenly, now I logged in to the machine, it is in fresh state without configuration installed which we installed later.

Without our knowledge how it crashed and suddenly back to fresh state?

When this situation arrives where we need to check the logs? Cloud you please share your valuable suggestion to move forward and check exactly what happened.

Can anyone.

Regrads,

Venkat Boggarapu

RE: Windows VM in xenserver was suddenly crashed. want to know reason.

Posted by Suresh Sadhu <su...@accelerite.com>.
HI Venkat,

Check the log files @xenserver host[ check /var/log/SMlog, xensource.log] SM log  contains communication between CS MS and Xenserver host .

 Check the guestvm application logs for any drivers issues. Also Check  kernel crash dumps   enabled or not on your guestvm .if its enabled, please check and analyze  the kernel crash dump  for any kernel panics.

Refer below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/972110

Regards
Sadhu
Chief Product Engineer, Accelerite.
www.accelerite.com

Our cloud stack environment, we are using cloud stack 4.5.0, xenserver 6.2 and CPBM version 2.3.0

One of the Windows VM crashed suddenly, now I logged in to the machine, it is in fresh state without configuration installed which we installed later.

Without our knowledge how it crashed and suddenly back to fresh state?

When this situation arrives where we need to check the logs? Cloud you please share your valuable suggestion to move forward and check exactly what happened.

Can anyone.

Regrads,

Venkat Boggarapu

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.