Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Tyagi, Rahul" <ra...@bearingpoint.com> on 2005/06/30 18:25:28 UTC

ThreadPool GBean

David J.,

I was looking for implementing WorkManager API (JSR-237) using current geronimo ThreadPool infrastructure . I think current version of geronimo allow to define only one ThreadPool gbean per JVM (Because GBEAN_INF is public static final). Which is fine, Just wanted to make sure that i am interpreting it right?
In this case we have to define WorkManager as new gbean and implement it to manage its own thread pool, Geronimo admin would have capability to configure multiple WorkManager gbean.

Your Thoughts/Comments??

Rahul

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.

Re: ThreadPool GBean

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
Tyagi, Rahul wrote:
> David J.,
>
> I was looking for implementing WorkManager API (JSR-237) using
> current geronimo ThreadPool infrastructure . I think current version
> of geronimo allow to define only one ThreadPool gbean per JVM
> (Because GBEAN_INF is public static final). Which is fine, Just
> wanted to make sure that i am interpreting it right?

No quite - the GBeanMetadata in GBEAN_INFO describes a class of GBean
not a specific instance. Just as in plain Java there can be multiple
instances of any GBean; the (persistent) instance data is stored in
GBeanData objects.

> In this case we
> have to define WorkManager as new gbean and implement it to manage
> its own thread pool, Geronimo admin would have capability to
> configure multiple WorkManager gbean.

I think there is a good case for a central work manager that can be used
by anything seeking to have work done - not only the J2CA Connectors but
also the EJB and web invokers, timers.

It may be appropriate do this using the raw JSR-237 API, or we may want
to have an internal SPI and then have the 237 implementation bridge to it.

--
Jeremy