Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com> on 2004/11/10 21:10:34 UTC

More test info - versionControlMethod

More of what I am finding, in case it triggers something in someone.

If you attempt to execute the versionControlMethod using the same
WebdavResource object with which you executed the putMethod in order to get
the resource (the one you want to be version controlled), then you get this
error thrown:

org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter
- ERROR - SQL error 17002 on /history/1: Io exception: No more data to read
from socket

But, if you dispose of that WebdavResource object, and create a new one, and
*then* attempt to do the *same* versionControlMethod, you get this error
thrown:

http-8080-Processor24, 10-Nov-2004 15:03:02, root, PROPFIND, 207
"Multi-Status", 16 ms, /files/Z4/aaa/9/Working Files/ddddeeeerrreee.TXT

org.apache.slide.content.RevisionNotFoundException:

Revision 1.0 of object /files/Z4/aaa/9/Working Files/sample.txt not found

org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.StandardRDBMSAdapter.retrieveRevisionConte
nt(StandardRDBMSAdapter.java:739)

Of course, the object *is* there.  You can view it in any browser and
download it. It's the revision that is not being found.  My question is, why
would it be saying it couldn't find a revision when the command being
executed is intended to *create* that revision ???

Nick