Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nico Seessle <ni...@epost.de> on 2001/01/25 18:16:17 UTC

Where do the "cvs commit:"-Messages come from?

OK, that's a little bit off topic.

I committed something "harmless" 6 hours ago (two corrections to index.html
- I didn't want to break the whole build while getting started with "real-world"-usage
of CVS). Now I expected to get an "cvs commit"-Message as they get posted
for commits of other people. Are these Messages to be generated "manually"
by a committer?

Can someone have look at it and tell me if I and my WinCVS have done everything
right?

You can send answers to Nico.Seessle@epost.de, so that we don't fill up
the list with this topic.

Sorry for being OT.

Nico

Re: Where do the "cvs commit:"-Messages come from?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Nico Seessle <ni...@epost.de> wrote:
>
> > Now I expected to get an "cvs commit"-Message as they get posted for
> > commits of other people.
>
> Your commit messages appear to come from YOURUSERNAME@apache.org -
> which is not subscribed to this list. As moderation is on for the
> list, you'll have to wait for the moderator (Duncan) to approve it -
> after your first one has come through, all subsequent ones should pass
> immediately.
>
> Give Duncan a bit of time, he's travelling ATM.

This is actually something that can be changed.  There's a mailing list option
to allow non-subscribers at particular addresses to post to the list without
moderation -- I've just added Nico to this for ANT-DEV so that future commits
won't be held up.  The current one will have to be moderated on, though.

If you add new committers in the future, and James hasn't done so already, feel
free to ping me about fixing this.

Craig McClanahan

Re: Where do the "cvs commit:"-Messages come from?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Nico Seessle <ni...@epost.de> wrote:

> Now I expected to get an "cvs commit"-Message as they get posted for
> commits of other people.

Your commit messages appear to come from YOURUSERNAME@apache.org -
which is not subscribed to this list. As moderation is on for the
list, you'll have to wait for the moderator (Duncan) to approve it -
after your first one has come through, all subsequent ones should pass
immediately.

Give Duncan a bit of time, he's travelling ATM.

> Can someone have look at it and tell me if I and my WinCVS have done
> everything right?

Just do a "cvs log" on the file you've changed. If you see your log
message, everything went OK.

Stefan