Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 19:14:28 UTC

Out of Memory errors

Good day everyone!
When running JMeter, I eventually get "Out of Memory" errors showing up in
the command window. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and
what you did to correct it.

Here is some other information that could be helpful.
Jmeter v2.3RC4
Running on Windows Server 2003 (Intel Xenon 3GHz/2GB RAM)
JRE client on all three machines: jre-6u2

I'm running the test (SOAP/XML) against 2 tomcat servers running on Unix
with a load balancer. Is there anything simple I can do like adjust the
paging file to help fix this?

Thanks!
Steve

RE: Out of Memory errors

Posted by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>.
"-XX:newSize=NNNm   which sets the default size for new generation to NNN
Mbytes "

Not sure I understand this part David. Could you elaborate a little more
please? Do I need to change anything here?

Thanks!
Steve

RE: Out of Memory errors

Frank.G.Goss wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I was getting out-of-memory errors also. I edited the jmeter.bat file to
> increase the heap:
>
> set HEAP=-Xms512m -Xmx512m
>
> This tells the Java JVM it can use more memory.
>
> Also the Listeners can take up a lot of memory. Setting them to record
> only errors will help.
>
> Regards,
> Frank
>

> b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>
> 09/26/2007 11:14 AM
> Please respond to
> "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

> jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Out of Memory errors
>

> Good day everyone!
> When running JMeter, I eventually get "Out of Memory" errors showing up in
> the command window. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this
> and
> what you did to correct it.
>
> Here is some other information that could be helpful.
> Jmeter v2.3RC4
> Running on Windows Server 2003 (Intel Xenon 3GHz/2GB RAM)
> JRE client on all three machines: jre-6u2
>
> I'm running the test (SOAP/XML) against 2 tomcat servers running on Unix
> with a load balancer. Is there anything simple I can do like adjust the
> paging file to help fix this?
>
> Thanks!
> Steve

Re: Out of Memory errors

Posted by Fr...@aphis.usda.gov.
Not sure. I didn't do any experiments; just changed both and it fixed the
errors.

Frank

b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>
09/26/2007 04:38 PM

Re: Out of Memory errors

Posted by b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>.

Frank.G.Goss wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I was getting out-of-memory errors also. I edited the jmeter.bat file to
> increase the heap:
>
> set HEAP=-Xms512m -Xmx512m
>
> This tells the Java JVM it can use more memory.
>
> Also the Listeners can take up a lot of memory. Setting them to record
> only errors will help.
>
> Regards,
> Frank
>

> b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>
> 09/26/2007 11:14 AM
> Please respond to
> "JMeter Users List" <jm...@jakarta.apache.org>

> jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Out of Memory errors
>

> Good day everyone!
> When running JMeter, I eventually get "Out of Memory" errors showing up in
> the command window. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this
> and
> what you did to correct it.
>
> Here is some other information that could be helpful.
> Jmeter v2.3RC4
> Running on Windows Server 2003 (Intel Xenon 3GHz/2GB RAM)
> JRE client on all three machines: jre-6u2
>
> I'm running the test (SOAP/XML) against 2 tomcat servers running on Unix
> with a load balancer. Is there anything simple I can do like adjust the
> paging file to help fix this?
>
> Thanks!
> Steve

Re: Out of Memory errors

Posted by jw...@ancept.com.
It sounds like you need to increase your Java Heap size.

Jason C. Wankerl
Ancept
2901 East 78th Street
Bloomington, MN.   55425
jwankerl@ancept.com
Main:  1-800-927-7474 Main
Office:  952-374-6746
Cell:  651-343-7385
Home:  715-381-3592

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm."
  - Vince Lombardi

b4d93r <b4...@gmail.com>
09/26/2007 12:14 PM