Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/11 16:31:00 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Transaction model use cases" by JanLehnardt

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JanLehnardt:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Transaction_model_use_cases

The comment on the change is:
add some help text

  This page describes use cases that require a transaction model not currently supported by CouchDB: inter-document all-or-nothing transactions with conflict checking.

- Real world use cases are desired, with enough details as to explain why the transactions might be necessary, the consequences of not having it, etc. Then we can examine the use cases and see if the current CouchDB models can work, or if CouchDB is really appropriate, or if we need new transaction models to support the use cases.
+ Please add real world use cases with enough details as to explain why the transactions might be necessary, the consequences of not having it, etc. Then we can examine the use cases and see if the current CouchDB models can work, or if CouchDB is really appropriate, or if we need new transaction models to support the use cases.
+
+ == Template ==
+
+ Description of a real-world use case of why single-node, inter-document transaction are needed.
+
+ ''''''Discussion as to how to model the above use case in CouchDB without single-node, inter-document transactions'''''
+
+

  == DVCS ==