Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Gier <PG...@shcr.com> on 2003/04/11 15:12:40 UTC

Multiple Realms in Single Application Tomcat 4.1

I have web application that has some users in Active directory (corporate
users) and other users in a database (Non-employee users).  I would like
to do authentication using two realms in Tomcat server.xml.  When I tried
to set it up, Tomcat seemed to only pick up one of the realms.  Is it
possible to authenticate against multiple realms for a single application
with Tomcat?  If not what is a good approach to handling this situation?
Are there any examples available for creating a custom realm that
authenticates against two datasources?

Thanks!