Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Carlo Camerino <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/18 18:04:18 UTC

Disabling Wicket From Settings Expires Header Http Response

Hi,

I seem to be ahving a problem with wicket settings the wrong expires header.

It keeps on setting an expires header that is around 7 hours before the
actual time that i'm trying to test it.
This causes glassfish not to cache properly.

Expires Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:00:30 GMT
Content-Type application/x-javascript
Cache-Control max-age=3600
Last-Modified Thu, 08 Jul 2010 03:45:53 GMT
Content-Encoding gzip
Content-Length 46116
Server Jetty(6.1.15)

Is there any way that I can prevent wicket from settings the expires header
and the cache control?

I'd rather control it from my own filter which sets these things.
Problem is, wicket keeps on overriding whatever i set.

THanks  A Lot

hopoing to get help on this one.

Re: Disabling Wicket From Settings Expires Header Http Response

Posted by Carlo Camerino <ca...@gmail.com>.
i figured out what was wrong.

THe problem was firefox was looking at the last-modified header.

The last-modified header has an effect on the cache such that it waits for
24 hours before it actually starts caching something.

when i deploy something new on glassfish, it always sends out the
last-modified header as the time that I deploye it thus causing problems.

Is there anyway that I can tell wicket not to set the last-modified response
header?

thanks
carlo

Posted by Carlo Camerino <ca...@gmail.com>.