Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by SmAsH <pa...@freenet.de> on 2003/06/23 02:09:45 UTC

make problems

Hello,

everytime I try to compile rivet it says:

[dynamic]

mod_rivet.so -> Command (sh): -o mod_rivet.so apache_multipart_buffer.o apache_request.o rivetChannel.o rivetParser.o rivetCore.o mod_rivet.o TclWebapache.o -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.3 -ldl -lieee -lm -lcrypt
Compilation failed on command "couldn't execute "-o": no such file or directory"

[static]

mod_rivet.a -> Command (sh): mod_rivet.a apache_multipart_buffer.o apache_request.o rivetChannel.o rivetParser.o rivetCore.o mod_rivet.o TclWebapache.o
Compilation failed on command "couldn't execute "mod_rivet.a": no such file or directory"

Any further confirmation is appreciated

Sincerely yours
Patrick

Re: make problems

Posted by SmAsH <pa...@freenet.de>.
Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"SmAsH" <pa...@freenet.de> writes:

[ By the way - please don't use HTML on mailing lists ! ]

> > Debian stable, I assume?  Rivet is actually part of
> > unstable/testing.

> No unstable tree, but to make sure its not my system I even tried it
> on a stable debian ( 2.2.25 ) and on a redhat9 system ( 2.2.20-8 ).

If it's unstable, just do apt-get install rivet :-)

Re: make problems

Posted by SmAsH <pa...@freenet.de>.
Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.

Re: make problems

Posted by SmAsH <pa...@freenet.de>.
> > everytime I try to compile rivet it says:
>
> > [dynamic]
>
> > mod_rivet.so -> Command (sh): -o mod_rivet.so apache_multipart_buffer.o
apache_request.o
> > rivetChannel.o rivetParser.o rivetCore.o mod_rivet.o
TclWebapache.o -L/usr/lib -ltcl8.3 -ldl
> > -lieee -lm -lcrypt
>
> > Compilation failed on command "couldn't execute "-o": no such file or
directory"

> Evidently, it's not finding a C compiler to use.  Can you:

Well, first of all I am using linux for ~3 years so I am well aware of what
I am doing. 2. gcc is installed and working fine.

Re: make problems

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.