Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "Zlatareva, Neli (Computer Science)" <Zl...@ccsu.edu> on 2021/04/11 21:39:02 UTC

problems running ARQ on Command line

Hi there, I  downloaded Jena 4.0 and tried to run arq in the command prompt. To test, I did
> arq --help and it gives me
Error: Could not find or load main class arq.arq
I did try EVERYTHING suggested in the documentation
I never had problems running arq on command line before.
Thank you so much.
Regards, Neli.

Neli P. Zlatareva, PhD
Professor of Computer Science
Department of Computer Science
Central Connecticut State University
New Britain, CT 06050
Phone: (860) 832-2723
Fax: (860) 832-2712
Web site: cs.ccsu.edu/~neli/

Re: problems running ARQ on Command line

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 7:24 PM Zlatareva, Neli (Computer Science)
<Zl...@ccsu.edu> wrote:

> Hi Lorenz, thank you for the quick response.
> bin/arq --help does not work (from ...\apache-jena-4.0.0 directory).
> The error is
> 'bin' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

Something doesn't add up here. Why is the error about 'bin' and not 'arq'?

What OS are you running this on?

Re: Re: problems running ARQ on Command line

Posted by Martynas Jusevičius <ma...@atomgraph.com>.
If you're on Windows, you should use the .bat scripts, not the shell
scripts (.sh).

I tried with cmd now:

C:\Users\pumba\WebRoot\AtomGraph\jena\apache-jena
λ bat\arq
JENA_HOME not set

Re: Re: Re: Re: problems running ARQ on Command line

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
No worries. Those things happen quite often - I'm also quite often sure
I did exactly what I had to do, and once I double check after wasting
time on investigating at other possible error sources, I feel dumb.

Glad it works now, have fun!

Cheers.

Posted by Lorenz Buehmann <bu...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.

https://jena.apache.org/documentation/tools/index.html