Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)" <ku...@sbb.ch> on 2008/07/15 16:33:43 UTC

Versioning with Maven

Hello,

The current implementation for the versioning of poms is

I found this in following resources:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Versioning
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Extending+Maven+2.0+Dependencies

Unfortunately, 3 digits isn't enough for our case. What are the pitfalls using a 4 or 5 number scheme?

Are there any problems with Archiva? So far, I haven't seen any problems deploying or releasing components with the maven plugins.
Would you recommend to use a more complicated qualifier instead? My proposition would be a version like:

1.2.3-beta-4.5    (beta-4.5 is 5. build of the 4. beta iteration. )

Thanks for your comments and sharing your experiences.
Kuno