Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2017/09/11 16:59:54 UTC

Offline Mode working in Coordination with Two Factor Authentication Changes to Apache Fineract

Avik and Alex,

I wanted to get a discussion going with Mohit and the rest of the
community. He's trying to get his project for browser-based offline access
in Chrome to work (
https://gist.github.com/mbj36/105c47ccc10890cc4c71582ad63cff23) but due to
the changes Alex had to make to authentication for 2FA, a user can no
longer log in while offline and offline transaction entry isn't support
either.

Avik - given your extensive experience in building offline solutions, I
hope you could give Mohit some guidance.

We can set up a call at your convenience for Mohit to discuss where he's
running into roadblocks.

Cheers,

Ed

Re: Offline Mode working in Coordination with Two Factor Authentication Changes to Apache Fineract

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Mohit,

Can you please update the community on the functional areas you're looking
to complete prior to addressing the security/authentication components
discussed by Avik.

Can you specifically call out what will be supported at an offline
transaction/data entry level. It was my understanding that loan repayments,
savings deposits, withdrawals, etc would be supported at individual client
level but as Avik mentioned, we should also explore offline collection
sheet entry in browser too.

Ed

Posted by Avik Ganguly <av...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mohit,