Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com> on 2010/02/19 23:43:34 UTC

Improving Zend lucene search - general guidance?

Hi,

I have been using Java/lucene for a few years and it works well for me.

Recently we started to use PHP/lucene from Zend, I found some problems, especially
that for each query, it immediately loads whole term id/score (other info..) array into
memory, this would cause memory exhausion if there are many docs and query is based
on a common term.

I plan to improve PHP lucene query implementation based on Java lucene (I know Java
lucene code reasonably OK), but it seems that a lot of changes are needed, I would just
like a high level guidance: is this doable within a week, have other people already had similar
experiences?

Thanks very much for helps, Lisheng

RE: Improving Zend lucene search - general guidance?

Posted by "Zhang, Lisheng" <Li...@BroadVision.com>.
Hi, Thanks very much for reply! Yes, PHP is stateless, just like
old CGI. All I can do is to get result efficiently within the
given query.

But we already got into PHP, I will see what the best I can do.

Best regards, Lisheng

Posted by Chris Lu <ch...@gmail.com>.

--

Chris Lu