Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@fh-landshut.de> on 2008/04/08 22:06:03 UTC

Simple Multidomain Support question

Hi,

i checked out from trunk and tried to apply the patch (
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Proposal+Simple+Multidomain+Support
) but roller was not able to boot.

after adding this line to JPAMultiDomainWebloggerModule:

        binder.bind(WeblogEntryManager.class).to(  JPAWeblogEntryManagerImpl.class);

it booted again but there was still a problem with the urls in the links
(duplicated "/") but this wasn't difficult to fix.

I have a question to this proposal. If I add the properties to the
roller-custom.properties file like here:

weblog.absoluteurl.a=http://bloga.com/roller
weblog.absoluteurl.b=http://blogb.com/roller

I would expect to get 2 blogs with this urls:
http://bloga.com/roller/a
http://blogb.com/roller/b

now the question, are the rss feeds of both blogs also separated with
this patch? Because with roller 4.0 and my current setup they are not:

http://www.adam-bien.com/roller/abien/feed/entries/rss
contains also all entries from my blog:
http://www.michael-bien.com/roller/mbien/feed/entries/rss

this is what we want to prevent ;)

thanks,

michael

Re: Simple Multidomain Support question

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Michael Bien <mb...@fh-landshut.de> wrote:

> Dave wrote:
> > I don't understand how that could happen, so maybe I don't understand
> > what exactly is happening.  The adam feed gets the correct entries for
> > the adam blog, but the michael feed contains both the adam blog and
> > the michael blog entries?
> >
> > - Dave
> >
>  yes exactly (it is the other way around but this shouldn't matter)
>  and it is roller 4.0 - its NOT the build I patched.

OK. Now I'm really confused. You are saying that a stock Roller blog
server (i.e. the official Roller 4.0 release) is mixing together feeds
from blogs A and B in to the feed for blog A?  Is that really what you
meant to say?

- Dave

Re: Simple Multidomain Support question

Posted by Michael Bien <mb...@fh-landshut.de>.