Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2014/09/24 14:43:55 UTC

Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but on the 'Apache Flex
Build' Jenkins, one of the build slaves is off line and has been for a
while.
Should we just delete this node, or is it expected to come back ?
I think that's Alex's box, right ?
--
extravision Signature
*Tom Chiverton* | Lead Developer | Extravision

.
Registered in the UK at : 107 Timber Wharf, 33 Worsley Street,
Manchester, M15 4LD. Registration number: 05017214 VAT: GB 824 5386 19

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have received it in error please notify us immediately and destroy this
e-mail and any attachments. In addition, you must not disclose, copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or any
attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Extravision Ltd.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception, unauthorised
amendment, viruses and delays or the consequences thereof. Accordingly,
this e-mail and any attachments are opened at your own risk.

Re: Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 24/09/14 16:04, Alex Harui wrote:
> Do we have any reason to have two slaves?
Not that I can see.

Tom

Re: Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 24, 2014 9:06 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> And something like this perhaps should of been a LAZY to give people in
> different time zones to respond

Justin, this is routine maintenance.  It would be impossible to get a
consensus (lazy or otherwise) on every such activity.

Moreover, it is a matter of minutes to create a new slave, especially one
that is running on the same machine.

Let's not unnecessarily complicate things.

Thanks,
Om

Re: Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Nice try starting another discussion about procedure, Justin, but alas: too
little, too late ;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
[ducks and covers]

…

;-)

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 24/09/14 16:44, OmPrakash Muppirala wrote:
> Nope.  Executive decision
Extreme prejudice invoked :-)

Tom

Re: Mustella slave offline [attn: Alex]

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 24, 2014 8:36 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

> Do we have to vote before I can press the delete button ?

Nope.  Executive decision :-)

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Nah. Votes are mostly for stuff we release or receive, or procedural issues
related to releases/donations. This is “just” a utility thing, and it will
not (negatively) impact the day to day workings of the project.

So: kill it!

EdB

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Better than the original ending of the quote, anyway :-P

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27