Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darek Czarkowski <dc...@infinitesource.ca> on 2005/04/26 17:24:25 UTC

What is max value for MaxThreads

How many threads can tomcat handle?
Assuming single tomcat hosting 5 different apps, no load balance, using
mod_jk and Apache.

I am wondering what would be the safe limit.

DarekC

Re: What is max value for MaxThreads

Posted by David Kaplowitz <da...@villanova.edu>.

Re: What is max value for MaxThreads

Posted by andrew <an...@2sheds.de>.
Hi Darek,

This really depends on your operating system....

We have MaxThreads set to 750 on our boxes running sarge.

You should however be aware that using that many threads in not
necessarily benifical as far as performance is concerned...

You should definitely do some performance testing.

We looked at using apache with mod_jk in front of our tomcats,
but this effectively halved the number of connections our servers
could handle per second, so in the end, we went back to using the
standard http connector from tomcat.

Andrew