Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Antoine-Bruno SARRANT <bs...@improve.fr> on 2001/07/13 17:09:26 UTC

Got a problem with the tag

	Hi everobody !

i have to generate dynamic checkboxes and got the following problem : when
i checked one or more checkbox(es), i realized that i didn't set the
property which is a String [].
When i inspect my code with the VAJDebugger, i saw the STRUTS introspection
mechanism didn't find my set method, so it's natural that my table isn't
not setted

My questions are :
  - First : did i make a mistake in my JSP syntax ?
  - Second : Is <html:multibox> not stable
  - Third : i'm working on VAJ 3.5.3 so is it a JVM problem ?

Here are the different aspects of my code :

The iterate loop from my JSP :

    <logic:iterate name="fieldsOfInterest" indexId="id" id="areasOfInterest">
          <bean:write name="areasOfInterest" property="areasOfInterest"/>
       <bean:write name="areasOfInterest" property="areasOfInterest"/>
    </logic:iterate>

Note that the bean "areasOfInterest" contains the different project names
and fieldsIfInterest is my BeanForm

and here you got my java code for the getter and setter :

    protected String[] fieldsOfInterest = new String[20];

    public String[] getFieldsOfInterest() {
       return fieldsOfInterest;
    }

    public void setFieldsOfInterest(String newFieldsOfInterest, int index) {
       fieldsOfInterest[index]= newFieldsOfInterest;
    }

For The Action, it only do a forward.
thanks for advices...