Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mardan Raghuwanshi <ma...@cloudbyte.com> on 2014/02/15 11:42:41 UTC

Not_Able_To_Add_Disk_To_Windows_VM

Hello All,

I am running a windows VM on XEN hypervisor through cloudstack management
server.
I am trying to add a disk to windows VM but its throwing a error message
as...

*Failed to attach volume: superfastvolume to VM: win2k8ft1; You attempted
an operation that requires PV drivers to be installed on the VM. Please
install them by inserting xen-pv-drv.iso*.

I am trying to find these drivers but i couldn't find out, Please help me
where i can find these PV drivers.

Thanks & Regards,
Mardan

Re: Not_Able_To_Add_Disk_To_Windows_VM

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 15.02.2014 10:42, Mardan Raghuwanshi wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> I am running a windows VM on XEN hypervisor through cloudstack
> management
> server.
> I am trying to add a disk to windows VM but its throwing a error
> message
> as...
>
> *Failed to attach volume: superfastvolume to VM: win2k8ft1; You
> attempted
> an operation that requires PV drivers to be installed on the VM.
> Please
> install them by inserting xen-pv-drv.iso*.
>
> I am trying to find these drivers but i couldn't find out, Please help
> me
> where i can find these PV drivers.

If you click on "attach iso" to VM, you should be offered to mount the
xs-tools.iso.

Nux!
www.nux.ro