Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Igor Dvorzhak <id...@google.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/26 15:49:24 UTC

HADOOP-15124 review

Hello,

I have a patch <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15124> that
improves FileSystem.Statistics implementation and I would like to commit it.

May somebody review it?

Best regards,
Igor Dvorzhak

Re: HADOOP-15124 review

Posted by Arpit Agarwal <aa...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Igor, it is perfectly fine to request a code review on the dev mailing list.

From: Igor Dvorzhak <id...@google.com.INVALID>
Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 9:27 PM
To: <yi...@vipshop.com>
Cc: <hd...@hadoop.apache.org>, <co...@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: HADOOP-15124 review

Hi Yiqun,

Thank you for the explanation. I didn't know that this is not appropriate and will not do so in future.

Thanks,
Igor

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 7:18 PM Lin,Yiqun(vip.com<http://vip.com>) <yi...@vipshop.com>> wrote:
Hi Igor,

It’s not appropriate to ask for a review request in dev mailing list. Dev mailing list is mainly used for discussing and answering user’s questions. You can ask for the review under specific JIRA, that will be seen by committers or others. If they have time, they will help take the review.

Yiqun
Thanks

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
I think it's fine to ask for review help on the dev list, sometimes JIRAs
are missed or get stuck. It also helps sometimes to git blame the files
you're touching and see who is a likely reviewer, and then pinging them on
JIRA to ask for a review.

Igor, hopefully a committer takes interest in your JIRA and helps you get
it integrated.

Best,
Andrew

Re: HADOOP-15124 review