Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by James Turton <dz...@apache.org> on 2023/04/30 10:37:58 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.21.1 Released

On behalf of the Apache Drill community, I am happy to announce the
release of Apache Drill 1.21.1.

Drill is an Apache open-source SQL query engine for Big Data exploration.
Drill is designed from the ground up to support high-performance analysis
on the semi-structured and rapidly evolving data coming from modern Big
Data applications, while still providing the familiarity and ecosystem of
ANSI SQL, the industry-standard query language. Drill provides
plug-and-play integration with existing Apache Hive and Apache HBase
deployments.

For information about Apache Drill, and to get involved, visit the
project website [1].

A total of 12 JIRA's are resolved in this bugfix release of Drill. For
the full list please see release notes [2].

The binary and source artifacts are available here [3].

Thanks to everyone in the community who contributed to this release!

1. https://drill.apache.org/
2. https://drill.apache.org/docs/apache-drill-1-21-1-release-notes/
3. https://drill.apache.org/download/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Drill 1.21.1 Released

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
Thanks, that's right: we had to upgrade Calcite to fix a regression
affecting date functions. Doing that brought in support for the QUALIFY
clause in window functions.

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Great work everyone!