Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org> on 2003/03/19 10:51:20 UTC

Re: AbstractSAXSource incompatible changes [was: DOMStreamer incompatible changes]

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 17:46, Unico Hommes wrote:
> I am getting:
>
> E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:109:
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : constructor AbstractSAXSource (<nulltype>,org.apache.avalon.framework.compo
> nent.ComponentManager,org.apache.log.Logger)
> location: class org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractSAXSource
>         super( null , manager , logger );
>         ^
> E:\projects\hippo-y!\src\cocoon-xhive\java\nl\hippo\cocoon\source\XhiveSource.java:216:
> toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in nl.hippo.cocoon.source.XhiveSource cannot overri
> de toSAX(org.xml.sax.ContentHandler) in org.apache.cocoon.components.source.AbstractS
> AXSource; overridden method does not throw org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
>     public void toSAX( final ContentHandler handler )
>
> The first one is caused by the fact that the constructor signature
> used to take an o.a.log.Logger but now takes
> o.a.avalon.framework.logger.Logger The second is because of the toSAX
> method signature. The original toSAX method on
> o.a.cocoon.environment.Source also threw
> o.a.cocoon.ProcessingException. So if someone could make those changes
> that would make me realy happy :)

Are you talking about Cocoon 2.0 or 2.1?

I don't think we support that level of compatibility between Cocoon 2.0
and 2.1 -- you'll probably find that other stuff also changed (e.g.
Parser being split in SAXParser and DOMParser, changes in
SourceResolving, ...) but most of them are straightforward to port.