Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ermedeiros <el...@yahoo.com.br> on 2010/07/26 17:00:28 UTC

Re: RESTful services without annotations

Hello,

In my implementation I need JAXB's @XmlJavaTypeAdapter annotations. Is it
possible replace these annotations by any property in the configuration
file?

In addition, in some classes I need to map some private attributes, so it
was necessary to use @XmlElement annotation for these attributes. Is it
possible to do that by configuration file or I need to add public getters
for them?

Thanks,
Elias

Re: RESTful services without annotations

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:00 PM, ermedeiros <el...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In my implementation I need JAXB's @XmlJavaTypeAdapter annotations. Is it
> possible replace these annotations by any property in the configuration
> file?
>
> In addition, in some classes I need to map some private attributes, so it
> was necessary to use @XmlElement annotation for these attributes. Is it
> possible to do that by configuration file or I need to add public getters
> for them?

The idea of introducing a no-annotations feature was two-fold : let users to
avoid having to type JAXRS annotations (given that JAXRS and JAXB are just
two different things and they live at different levels) and make it all easy
for DOSGi JAXRS users (no need to import JAXRS annotations).
It's never been a goal to provide a way for users to push JAXB annotations
away from the code. There's a limited support - particularly,
@XmlRootElement is not strictly required, plus names for explicit
collections, but that is really it...Some users go with Aegis instead...

cheers, Sergey