Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/24 18:23:18 UTC

[Vote] Jetspeed 1.4 Release

I woud like to propose that we release Jetspeed 1.4.  I've seen Nov 1
mentioned before, and this seems good to me.

Jeremy Ford

Re: [Vote] Jetspeed 1.4 Release

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 09:23  AM, Jeremy Ford wrote:

> I woud like to propose that we release Jetspeed 1.4.  I've seen Nov 1
> mentioned before, and this seems good to me.

-0 1.4b5 (beta)
-1 final release

I have a some new contributions here from Cisco that are of value:

1. A drag and drop customizer
2. delayed rendering abstract portlet
3. an improved (performance) dbpsml service

I am reviewing them now, and should commit by tomorrow the latest.
We may want to let them sit for longer than one week, allow people time
to test these new features

Also, I have another set of contributions that won't be ready until the
end of next month.
Lastly I will be out of the office on November 1, and I cannot
participate in the release
I propose that we shoot for a later date, the 3rd week of November
perhaps or Dec.1 for a final Jetspeed 1.5 release

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software