Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Kevin L. Cobb" <ke...@emergint.com> on 2005/08/25 13:42:50 UTC

Serialized Java Objects

I just had a thought this morning. Does Lucene have the ability to store
Serialized Java Objects for return during a search. I was thinking that
this would be a nifty way to package up all of the return values for a
search. Of course, I wouldn't expect the serialized objects would not be
searchable.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Re: Serialized Java Objects

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't think by default it does so. But, you can certainly serialize
the java object and use base 64 to encode it into a text string, then,
you can store it as a field.

Cheers,

Jian

Re: Serialized Java Objects

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.
I believe that Java 1.4 and 1.5 can serialize and deserialize objects
directly to XML. Therefore you can store the XML directly into Lucene
as an unindexed field. You could also use one of the XML analyzers to
parse and index the fields.