Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/12 12:22:11 UTC

Project report

I'm sorry about the late notice, but I need to submit the project report today. This is the last report we've sent and I was wondering if we can just update it, since we haven't had significant changes:

Bookkeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance logging service.
The project also includes Hedwig which is a highly scalable Pub/Sub service
built on top of ZooKeeper and Bookkeeper with strong durability guarantees.

We released Bookkeeper 4.2.2 on the 10th October 2013. This was a bugfix
release, but also exposed some new administrative functions for dealing with
ledgers.

We continue to work towards 4.3.0. The final scope of the release has been
decided on. It will include improved bookie on-disk performance, a new
statistics collection framework and SSL support, among other things. We
hope to release 4.3.0 in Q1 of 2014.

Infrastructure issues:
No issues.

Community:
52 subscribers to bookkeeper-dev
67 subscribers to bookkeeper-user

701 issues opened to date, 29 since Sept 1, 2013
465 issues resolved to date, 36 since Sept 1, 2013
7 reports of Jira issues since Sept 1, 2013
7 patch contributors since Sept 1, 2013

Re: Project report

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.
Bookkeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance logging
service. The project also includes Hedwig which is a highly scalable
Pub/Sub service built on top of ZooKeeper and Bookkeeper with strong
durability guarantees.

We are currently working towards the 4.3.0 release, which is in its
final phase now. We project that it will be released early in April.
This release includes a lot of improvements to the bookie on-disk
performance, a new statistics framework, and protobuffer protocol
support along with numerous bugfixes.

We will also release a bugfix release on the 4.2 branch, 4.2.3, in the
next fortnight.

Infrastructure issues:

No issues.

Community:

51 subscribers to bookkeeper-dev
68 subscribers to bookkeeper-user

730 issues opened to date, 27 since 2013-12-12
496 issues resolved to date, 30 since 2013-12-12
44 people have reported issues, 3 since 2013-12-12
18 people have contributed patches, 5 since 2013-12-12

RE: Project report

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Project report

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.