Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/05/28 00:02:38 UTC

[ANN]: Xerces-C 2.3.0 released!

Hi all,

The Xerces-C team is pleased to announce that Xerces-C 2.3.0 is now
available.  The primary features of this release are:

- pluggable memory management:  Allows an application to have Xerces
request memory from a user-supplied object rather than directly from the
heap.  To allow for maximum flexibility, this has been implemented on a
per-parser basis;
- pluggable panic handler:  The user may now register an object with the
parser that the will notify when it cannot initialize itself;
- security handling:  a means is now provided allowing applications to
limit the extent to which the parser will process certain XML constructs
that could be exploited in a denial-of-service attack.
- partial implementation of DOM level 3 normalization.

The release is available in both source and binary formats; the binary
formats that are provided are for 32- and 64-bit versions of AIX, HPUX,
Linux, Solaris and Windows.  They can be downloaded from
http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/stable/.

Enjoy!
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

Re: [ANN]: Xerces-C 2.3.0 released!

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	yes those are still 2.2 docs.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com

Re: [ANN]: Xerces-C 2.3.0 released!

Posted by Colin Paul Adams <co...@colina.demon.co.uk>.

    Gareth> Hi, what docs are these?

The ones at xml.apache.org/xerces-c/etc. They arer still 2.2.0 I
think.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire

Re: [ANN]: Xerces-C 2.3.0 released!

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	what docs are these? My docs in cvs are up to date. Its possible
we have forgotten to run the doc generation I suppose. The reason those
methods have gone is that they have been replaced by getDOMConfiguration.
Similar methods to the ones you describe can then be called on the
DOMConfiguration. I will download a tar now and check out the docs.

Re: [ANN]: Xerces-C 2.3.0 released!