Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su> on 2013/10/01 20:14:46 UTC

Re: Needed: more keyboard shortcuts! (Writer at least) - Mac OSX

On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 19:18:17 -0000, Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net> wrote:

> there no keyboard shortcut to the menubar categories [File, Edit, View, Insert…]

under windows, you press alt key, and each menu item gets one character underlined. alt + that character is the proper shortcut, e.g. alt+f for 'file', alt+e for 'edit', alt+o for 'f_o_rmat' etc. would it work on mac if you substitute option for alt?

> there are no shortcuts for insert mark

ctrl+shift+enter to insert column break,
ctrl+enter to insert manual page break,
shift+enter to insert manual line break.

shortcuts are adjustable through tools/customize/keyboard. just pick a key combination from the list of shortcut keys, find the function to assign under appropriate category and click 'modify'. you can load/save your shortcut collections.

Re: Needed: more keyboard shortcuts! (Writer at least) - Mac OSX

Posted by Julian Thomas <jt...@jt-mj.net>.
On 1Oct  2013, at 2:14 PM, johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su> wrote:

> under windows, you press alt key, and each menu item gets one character underlined. alt + that character is the proper shortcut, e.g. alt+f for 'file', alt+e for 'edit', alt+o for 'f_o_rmat' etc. would it work on mac if you substitute option for alt?

unfortunately, that doesn't work.  Option-f gives me an italic f:-(

>> there are no shortcuts for insert mark
>
> ctrl+shift+enter to insert column break,
> ctrl+enter to insert manual page break,
> shift+enter to insert manual line break.

My saviour!

--
Julian Thomas
jt@jt-mj.net