Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Amad Fida <am...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/10 11:54:20 UTC

Simple question

All - I have a POJO which has a collection property as,

public class User {
    private List<String> customProperties;

    public List<String> getCustomProperties() {
        return customProperties;
    }

    public void setCustomProperties( List<String> customProperties) {
        customProperties = customProperties;

    }

}

In My table i have columns as

CUSTOMPROPERTY1, CUSTOMPROEPRTY2, ...... CUSTOMPROEPRTY20

How to i map these individual columns to collection property in my resultMap?

Note: There are other properties of user which i omitted for simplicity.

Thanks

Amad

Posted by Koka Kiknadze <22...@gmail.com>.
Seems the only way would be to write custom rowhanlder.

However, I'd change design of database to match java object, i.e. would have
separated CUSTOMPROPERTY-ies into a separate table. In that case you'd be
able to populate the list along the lines described in dev guide.

On the other hand iIf you think that there always would be fixed number of
CUSTOMPROPERTY-ies and feel more comfortable with current database design,
why not make your POJO the same way, i.e. use separate properties for each
CUSTOMPROPERTY instead of the list?