Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Chris <ct...@virginia.edu> on 2004/07/14 01:36:42 UTC

Ant+xslt question

I just had a quick conceptual question for those with experience using
XSLT to generate Ant build files.  I have an application that is created
from a handful of different projects that all have similar build files.
Is the general idea to run my configuration xml file through a
translation to get a generic build file and then pipe that output
through smaller translations for each particular project to change
anything that is particular to a project?  I just want to make sure I'm
thinking about this the right way and not missing something that might
be simpler.

Thanks!

---

Re: Ant+xslt question

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.
I am doing something like that, but not with XSLT. I have written a
Jython (Java Python) script to generate ANT build files. Using a Java
based scripting language does not add new requirements (Jython is just a
Jar file + modules). Before that I was using Perl, but it would require
every build computer to have Perl installed.

- Alexey.