Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by Yao Zhang <ya...@apache.org> on 2019/09/03 03:20:24 UTC

[DESIGN DOC]: Support OR/NOT Predicate

Hello Kudu developers!

Kudu has made great efforts to improve predicate pushdown and a lot of work
has been done here(KUDU-1639). And there seems to be a decent amount of
interest in the support of OR/NOT predicate. To name a few that I've seen,
there is:
  - Add NOT EQUAL predicate type (KUDU-2516)
  - Support NOT predicates (KUDU-2864)
  - Support OR predicates (KUDU-2863)
  - KuduScannerBuilder OR operator for predicates (KUDU-2494)

So, I and Yao Xu start a document to organize our thoughts on the design of
those predicates.

Please take a look, if you're interested. The feedback and discussion is
opened.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kuJKNWXv7gL7bEjSytV-7-RGfaJhru1zrxgdP3QUk3Q/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!