Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kk4Nabble <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/19 18:46:19 UTC

Clarifiacations about Tapestry 5

Hi all,

mvn archetype:create
  -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.tapestry
  -DarchetypeArtifactId =quickstart
  -DgroupId=org.apache.tapestry
  -DartifactId=tutorial1
  -DpackageName=org.apache.tapestry5.tutorial

I was trying the tapestry5 tutorial. I gave the above command it did not
work.

The META-INF/maven/archetype.xml descriptor cannot be found.
Why did i get such an error?

later I tried
mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeCatalog=http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-repository

and it worked

My question  is.. Is it necessary to have a project template to start a
project in Tapestry 5.
What are these above artifactId archetypeArtifactId etc mean?

What is the purpose of this project template.

If anybody can tell more about this it will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Clarifiacations about Tapestry 5

Posted by Otho <ta...@googlemail.com>.
Look at the tapestry nightly docs.

It's

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=
http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-repository

If you want to use another version of tapestry you just have to change the
appropriate property in the pom.xml. But for learning the nightly works just
fine.