Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/20 21:11:36 UTC

Time to get rid of launchpad/bundles?

I've left SLING-1197 unresolved because I haven't yet gotten up the
courage to kill of launchpad/bundles.

But it's been 3 weeks and I think it's time. Any objections? I'll
doublecheck that the launchpad/builder/src/main/bundles/list.xml is in
sync with launchpad/bundles/pom.xml before removing launchpad/bundles.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Time to get rid of launchpad/bundles?

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 21.01.2010 01:14, Justin Edelson wrote:
> On 1/20/10 3:50 PM, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> On 20.01.2010 21:11, Justin Edelson wrote:
>>
>>> I've left SLING-1197 unresolved because I haven't yet gotten up the
>>> courage to kill of launchpad/bundles.
>>>
>>> But it's been 3 weeks and I think it's time. Any objections? I'll
>>> doublecheck that the launchpad/builder/src/main/bundles/list.xml is in
>>> sync with launchpad/bundles/pom.xml before removing launchpad/bundles.
>>>
>> +1
>>
> OK
>> I in fact ran exactly into a problem with the tests when updating the
>> bundles module and forgetting about the new one. So, better get rid of
>> it.
>>
> It looks like some recent updates to the scripting versions weren't
> replicated: http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/changelog/sling/trunk?cs=896872
>
>> While being at it (and pardon my hijacking this thread): The new module
>> generates artifacts named org.apache.sling.launchpad.builder. Would it
>> make sense to call these artifacts juts "org.apache.sling.launchpad" ?
>>
> That does seem natural at this point, but I don't think the project
> files should be moved to launchpad/ (i.e. should stay in
> launchpad/builder) because then launchpad will look (even more) like a
> multi-module project.

Yes, the project files should stay where they are, the location is just
fine. Just the artifacts would have a different (yes, non-standard from
the POV of maven projects) name making them more straigh-forward to
identify as "Sling Launchpad".

Regards
Felix

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've left SLING-1197 unresolved because I haven't yet gotten up the courage
> to kill of launchpad/bundles.
>
> But it's been 3 weeks and I think it's time. Any objections? I'll
> doublecheck that the launchpad/builder/src/main/bundles/list.xml is in sync
> with launchpad/bundles/pom.xml before removing launchpad/bundles....

Sounds good to me. As long as all integration tests still run I'm happy ;-)

-Bertrand