Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by me...@gwi.net on 2020/08/23 16:36:15 UTC

Open Office Excel

Hi,

One of my Open Office Excel files is not opening. My other files are
opening fine. It is a very big file with a list of emails. I wonder if
the links are too heavy or complex? Not that I really know what I am
talking about. Is there anything I can do to retrieve my data?

All best, Joelle

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by me...@gwi.net.
I will answer below in blue.

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by Steven Ahlers <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Joelle,

Do you mean an OpenOffice Calc file? If you do mean a M$ Excel file you will need to go to a Microsoft help site.

Assuming it is a Calc file there are some pieces of information that would help us help you.

1) Do you get an error message when you try to open the file you’re having problems with? If so what does it say?

2) What operating system and version are you using?

3) How much RAM does your computer have?

4) What version of OpenOffice are you using?

5) How much memory does OpenOffice have allocated for use?

6) How big is the file you’re trying to open?

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this message to you, if you’re not subscribed to the users list you may not see all of the responses to your inquiry.

Please do not respond to my email address, respond to the users group email address: users@openoffice.apache.org

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 23, 2020, at 12:12 PM, mermaidlady@gwi.net wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> One of my Open Office Excel files is not opening. My other files are
> opening fine. It is a very big file with a list of emails. I wonder if
> the links are too heavy or complex? Not that I really know what I am
> talking about. Is there anything I can do to retrieve my data?
>
> All best, Joelle

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by me...@gwi.net.
Thanks Andrew for responding,

I was able to sort it out with the help of RoryOF on the forum. Take a
look for more details:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102846&p=497589#p497589

All Best, Joelle

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by Shari Lynn Smith <we...@gmail.com>.
Great! Glad the ending was a happy one.
Shari

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by Andrew Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
Excellent... And Rory is awesome...

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

On Aug 26, 2020, 2:13 AM, at 2:13 AM, mermaidlady@gwi.net wrote:
>Thanks Shari for responding,
>
>I was able to sort it out with the help of RoryOF on the forum. Take a
>look for more details:
>https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102846&p=497589#p497589
>
>All Best, Joelle
>
>On 2020-08-25 13:33, Web Shari wrote:
>
>> Are you receiving any error message?
>>
>> The size shouldn't effect it's ability unless you have hundreds of
>sheets. Emails also shouldn't make a difference.
>>
>> Shari
>>
>> On 8/23/2020 11:36 AM, mermaidlady@gwi.net wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> One of my Open Office Excel files is not opening. My other files are
>>> opening fine. It is a very big file with a list of emails. I wonder
>if
>>> the links are too heavy or complex? Not that I really know what I am
>>> talking about. Is there anything I can do to retrieve my data?
>>>
>>> All best, Joelle

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by me...@gwi.net.

Re: Open Office Excel

Posted by Web Shari <we...@gmail.com>.
Are you receiving any error message?

The size shouldn't effect it's ability unless you have hundreds of
sheets. Emails also shouldn't make a difference.

Shari

On 8/23/2020 11:36 AM, mermaidlady@gwi.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of my Open Office Excel files is not opening. My other files are
> opening fine. It is a very big file with a list of emails. I wonder if
> the links are too heavy or complex? Not that I really know what I am
> talking about. Is there anything I can do to retrieve my data?
>
> All best, Joelle

Re: Open Office [spreadsheet document?]

Posted by me...@gwi.net.
Thanks so much for those who have responded to me. I have posted answers
to the detailed questions in the beginner area of the forum.

All best, Joelle