Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Ben Ryan <be...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2009/12/11 11:57:50 UTC

Error when running documentAnalyzer.bat

Hi,

  I have just got the Apache UIMA 2.2.2 plus the addons. When I try to run the dicumentAnalyzer I get the Java exception ClassNotFound for org.apache.incubator.uima.DictionaryDocument$Factory.

  I have checked out the src at the SVN site and this class is referenced from some Java files but I cannot find the DictionaryDocument.java file.

  Can anyone help please?

Regards,

  Ben

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both
 http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394591/direct/01/

Re: Error when running documentAnalyzer.bat

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Ben Ryan wrote:
> Marshall,
>
>   Thanks for that.
>
>   Two more questions if you don't mind.
>

>   1. The Class in the dict_annot_xml_types.jar do not appear to be in the source bundle.

I'm not an expert here (and didn't write this annotator), however, I
believe these classes are "generated" as part of the build process.  The
impl is using XBeans (http://xmlbeans.apache.org/) to generate a parser
for xml.
>   2. I have now got the DocAnalyzer working but there are no annotations appearing on the output, does the DictionaryAnnotator have to be used with other UIMA components or is it self-contained.

Here's a guess:  The document analyzer only shows outputs for types that
are declared to be outputs in the XML for the descriptor that is being
run.  Please check the descriptor you are using to see that it has
specified the output types & features.  You can easily set these using
the Eclipse plugin tool Component Descriptor Editor - use the panel
labeled "Capabilities".

-Marshall

RE: Error when running documentAnalyzer.bat

Posted by Ben Ryan <be...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Marshall,

  Thanks for that.

  Two more questions if you don't mind.

  1. The Class in the dict_annot_xml_types.jar do not appear to be in the source bundle.

  2. I have now got the DocAnalyzer working but there are no annotations appearing on the output, does the DictionaryAnnotator have to be used with other UIMA components or is it self-contained. I was assuming that if you created a dictionary and then used the DocAnalyzer in interactive mode then it would annotate the input text based on the dictionary entries.

Regards,

  Ben

> Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:32:23 -0500
> From: msa@schor.com
> To: uima-user@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Error when running documentAnalyzer.bat
>
> Sounds like a class path problem.
>
> Please check how you start up the DocumentAnalyzer to insure that the
> class path includes the jar for the DictionaryDocument class. This
> class is in the dict_annot_xml_types.jar that is located in the
> DictionaryAnnotator/lib directory.
>
> -Marshall
>

> Ben Ryan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just got the Apache UIMA 2.2.2 plus the addons. When I try to run the dicumentAnalyzer I get the Java exception ClassNotFound for org.apache.incubator.uima.DictionaryDocument$Factory.
> >
> > I have checked out the src at the SVN site and this class is referenced from some Java files but I cannot find the DictionaryDocument.java file.
> >
> > Can anyone help please?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Ben

> > Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both

Got more than one Hotmail account? Save time by linking them together

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.