Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk> on 2015/10/09 16:32:53 UTC

OverseerCollectionMessageHandler logging

Hi all,

The OverseerCollectionMessageHandler logs all messages that it processes at WARN level, which seems wrong?  Particularly as it handles OVERSEERSTATUS messages, which means that monitoring systems can trigger warnings all over the place.  Is there a specific reason for this, or should I change it to INFO?

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Re: OverseerCollectionMessageHandler logging

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
I'll raise a Jira, thanks Shalin.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that should be INFO

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The OverseerCollectionMessageHandler logs all messages that it processes at WARN level, which seems wrong?  Particularly as it handles OVERSEERSTATUS messages, which means that monitoring systems can trigger warnings all over the place.  Is there a specific reason for this, or should I change it to INFO?
>
> Alan Woodward
> www.flax.co.uk

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.