Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Olivier Brand <ol...@intraware.com> on 2001/02/02 17:14:42 UTC

Sending XML through SOAP

I am very new in SOAP. I went through the W3C specification, looked at
some email on this list and have a question regarding sending large XML
data using SOAP:

I have seen on several e-mails that there are some issues when sending
XML as a string  (the SOAP engine is treating each character). What will
be the right approach to send large XML data ?
Sending a DOM document (or Element) does not seem to be the best
solution (at least for the document), because of size issues (memory). I
guess SOAP does not stream the information but rather build a message
and send it when ready. What is the best solution ? Building its own
protocol over SOAP to handle transactions ? and rebuilding the document
on the client side ?
I am mostly thinking of a generic way to send info which can be from 1Mb
to >100Mb.

Olivier