Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Praveen Peddi <pp...@contextmedia.com> on 2005/01/21 17:47:49 UTC

Registering serializers and desrializers using generated stubs (Client side)

I have a service method that takes java.lang.Object. In WSDL it is mapped as xsd:anyType. This can be either byte[], DataHandler or AttachmentPart. When I call this method using the generated stubs and pass in byte[] it works fine. But when I call the same method by passing AttachmentPart or DataHandler, I get "java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class". This is because, WSDL has no mention of AttachmentPart or DataHandler. So the stubs did not register serializers and deserializers for these classes.

My question: How do I add serializer and deserializer w/o changing the generated stubs? Or how can I pass DataHandler or AttachmentPart objects into that method?

Thanks in advance.

Praveen

Praveen Peddi
Sr Software Engg, Context Media, Inc.
email:ppeddi@contextmedia.com
Tel:  401.854.3475
Fax:  401.861.3596
web: http://www.contextmedia.com
Context Media- "The Leader in Enterprise Content Integration"