Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Florian Semm <fl...@gmx.de> on 2011/10/08 10:38:22 UTC

PHP Configurator in experimental branch

Hi,

in the old version of LoggerConfiguratorPhp it was possible to pass an
array to the configure method. In the rewrite of this class their is
explicit a file required as argument.

Is there a way to pass an array to this configurator?

FS

Re: PHP Configurator in experimental branch

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 8.10.2011. 10:38, Florian Semm wrote:
> in the old version of LoggerConfiguratorPhp it was possible to pass an
> array to the configure method. In the rewrite of this class their is
> explicit a file required as argument.
>
> Is there a way to pass an array to this configurator?

It is still possible in the rewrite. Just pass an array to
Logger::configure().

The only difference is that the PHP configuration format has changed
slightly. I am in the process of writing the docs for that. In the
meantime, I have rewritten a some of the unit tests to use just such
configuration. Have a look at, e.g.:
/src/test/php/LoggerConfiguratorTest.php:66

Also, the appender docs have been updated to include a PHP config
example, as well as XML. I have uploaded the unfinished site at:
http://bezdomni.net/log4php

Hope that halps for now.

Regards,
Ivan

Re: PHP Configurator in experimental branch

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.
On 8.10.2011. 11:40, Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> in the old version of LoggerConfiguratorPhp it was possible to pass an array
>> to the configure method. In the rewrite of this class their is explicit a
>> file required as argument.
>>
>> Is there a way to pass an array to this configurator?
>
> If not - patches welcome! :-)
> Create a patch and send it to this list&&  attach it to a Jira issue
> (you'll need to create one)

I already created an issue for the rewrite:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4PHP-152

Ivan

Re: PHP Configurator in experimental branch

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> in the old version of LoggerConfiguratorPhp it was possible to pass an array
> to the configure method. In the rewrite of this class their is explicit a
> file required as argument.
>
> Is there a way to pass an array to this configurator?

If not - patches welcome! :-)
Create a patch and send it to this list && attach it to a Jira issue
(you'll need to create one)

Cheers
Christian

--