Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sebastian Ho <se...@bii.a-star.edu.sg> on 2004/08/31 04:08:22 UTC

Wrong ActionMessage formatting

Hi

I am having problem with the output from ActionMessage.

I uses HTML tags like <BR> in my properties file.

When bean:write prints out my messges, it displays <BR> in the browser.

The HTML source turns out to be "&lt;BR&gt;".

I do not have this problem with ActionErrors.

Am I missing anything?

This is how I print it out in JSP:

        <b><bean:write name="message"/></b><br>

Sebastian

Re: Wrong ActionMessage formatting

Posted by Shinobu Kawai <sh...@ieee.org>.
Hi Sebastian,

> I uses HTML tags like <BR> in my properties file.
>
> When bean:write prints out my messges, it displays <BR> in the browser.
>
> The HTML source turns out to be "&lt;BR&gt;".
>
> I do not have this problem with ActionErrors.
>
> Am I missing anything?
Check out the "filter" attribute in bean:write.
    http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/struts-bean.html#write

>         <b><bean:write name="message"/></b><br>

Best regards,
-- Shinobu Kawai