Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Scott Taylor <sc...@dctchambers.com> on 2004/10/01 17:15:49 UTC

AutoWhitelist fails

Hello,

I just installed SpammAssasin 3.0.0, on RHES3, after fixing the LANG as it
still seems to have problems with utf-8.  Anyhow, after reading about the
AutoWhitelist I looked and the directory /var/spool/spamassassin did not
exist and I get autolearn=failed in my headers.  Maybe something has to do
with the other?

I see lots of stuff in the INSTALL/REAME files and I've been digging
around the WiKi for quite some time now, but nothing about how to set up
the WhiteList database.  Maybe I'm just not hitting the right keyword and
missing reading something in the docs, but do I need to activate this
database or what?  If so how?  (Point to the right place in docs would be
nice).

Cheers.

--
Scott

Re: AutoWhitelist fails

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 10:27:20AM -0700, Scott Taylor wrote:
> This is the only line I can see that looks like might be a problem.
> debug: diag: module not installed: Razor2::Client::Agent ('require' failed)
>
> Only thing is: I can't find this module at CPAN.  Closest thing I can find
> is Mail-Audit-2.1 :(

The Razor folks don't put their stuff in CPAN.  See razor.sourceforge.net --
it's in the docs. :)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
But let me put this on the record: I specifically disrecommend use of

Re: AutoWhitelist fails

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 01:27 PM 10/1/2004, Scott Taylor wrote:
>This is the only line I can see that looks like might be a problem.
>
>debug: diag: module not installed: Razor2::Client::Agent ('require' failed)
>
>Only thing is: I can't find this module at CPAN.  Closest thing I can find
>is Mail-Audit-2.1 :(

That should be installed by the razor-agent tarball when you install razor.
(If you install razor)

If you're trying to use razor, re-install it from a fresh tarball off
razor.sf.net. Looks like the previous install got borked.

If you're not using razor, clean up what parts of it are installed.

Re: AutoWhitelist fails

Posted by Scott Taylor <sc...@dctchambers.com>.

Re: AutoWhitelist fails

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

Re: AutoWhitelist fails

Posted by Scott Taylor <sc...@dctchambers.com>.
Matt Kettler said:
> At 11:15 AM 10/1/2004, Scott Taylor wrote:
>>I just installed SpammAssasin 3.0.0, on RHES3, after fixing the LANG as
>> it
>>still seems to have problems with utf-8.  Anyhow, after reading about the
>>AutoWhitelist I looked and the directory /var/spool/spamassassin did not
>>exist and I get autolearn=failed in my headers.  Maybe something has to
>> do
>>with the other?
>
> Do you have DB_File installed

appears not.

Anything else I need to do with it?

Cheers

--
Scott

Re: AutoWhitelist fails

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:15 AM 10/1/2004, Scott Taylor wrote:
>I just installed SpammAssasin 3.0.0, on RHES3, after fixing the LANG as it
>still seems to have problems with utf-8.  Anyhow, after reading about the
>AutoWhitelist I looked and the directory /var/spool/spamassassin did not
>exist and I get autolearn=failed in my headers.  Maybe something has to do
>with the other?

Do you have DB_File installed (provided you're not using the option to dump
to SQL.)?