Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/13 01:23:05 UTC

[VOTE] FLIP-33: Standardize connector metrics

Hi Flink devs,

I would like to start the voting for FLIP-33 which aims to standardize
connector metrics.

FLIP wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-33%3A+Standardize+Connector+Metrics

Discussion thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/65078bad6e04bbbb7578d502e1e5d92026f13fd9648725f5b74ed330@%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

Re: [VOTE] FLIP-33: Standardize connector metrics

Posted by Becket Qin <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay and Piotr,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated the wiki page to change rate metric
name from "PerSec" to "PerSecond".

And yes, the I/O metrics are sort of standardized across all the operators,
and probably for all the connectors in Flink as well. The reason I included
them into the convention was because those metrics are reported by each
connector's implementation. So when creating a connector for a system, one
need to ensure those metrics are reported correctly in order to use an
existing Flink monitoring tool. So I think it might still worth including
them into the convention so 3rd-party connector implementations outside of
Flink won't miss them.

Thanks,

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.